My Five Biggest Musical Accomplishments
Jake Morris is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and the founder of Fun Financial. He is also a former professional musician with a degree in Classical Music Composition from the Conservatory of Music at Oberlin College. Among the musical highlights he’s been fortunate to experience in his lifetime are:
1. Recording a Peel Session for the legendary John Peel at BBC’s Maida Vale Studios shortly before John passed away, joining a special club of musicians that includes the likes of The Beatles, David Bowie, The Kinks, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and T. Rex that have recorded there or done Peel Sessions.
2. Being commissioned to compose music for the John Cage Trust’s sound project Reunion, which was performed live at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland.
3. Inventing the social media marketing campaign, “The Well-Tweeted Clavier,” for Sir András Schiff’s performance of Bach’s Well-Tempered Clavier, Books I and II for the kick-off of 92nd Street Y’s concert season, which was recognized by the New York Times and numerous other national and international outlets.
4. Releasing albums and recording music on Matador, Jagjaguwar, RCRD LBL, Catsup Plate, and Tee Pee Records.
5. Performing at the Coachella Festival and touring the United States and Europe too many times to keep track of. The New York City music venues that he’s been honored to play at include the South Street Seaport, Bowery Ballroom, Mercury Lounge, Frying Pan, Irving Plaza, CBGB, Music Hall of Williamsburg, Knitting Factory, Death By Audio, Tonic, Southpaw, The Guggenheim, and Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center.